July 19, 2020 – “I had never even heard of alcoholic ketoacidosis until she died. We’re not sure how much she had been drinking that weekend, but she was not an alcoholic,” he said, according to The Mirror.
“She had not eaten enough and it had triggered an acid in her stomach.
“It was just so sudden – she didn’t even go to hospital, but had gone out into her garden and passed away there.” According to medical textbook MSD Manual, alcoholic ketoacidosis can cause vomiting, abdominal pain and nausea.
“Typically, an alcohol binge leads to vomiting and the cessation of alcohol or food intake for greater than or equal to 24 hours,” the MSD Manual says.
“During this period of starvation, vomiting continues and abdominal pain develops, leading the patient to seek medical attention.”